Welcome to the GESSI web site!!
The GESSI research group the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC) conducts research in many fields of software engineering, with particular emphasis on requirements engineering, software quality, software architecture, service-oriented computing, open source software, software modeling and empirical research.
- 12/09/13: A PhD position offered in collaboration with ATOS S.A. in the Industrial PhD program on Adapting Service lifeCycle towards EfficienT Clouds Applications opened until 30th Sept!
- 20/07/13: RE'13 is over. GESSI involved in the TwinPeaks workshop, PABRE tool demo, ready-set-transfer contest and i* mini-tutorial. Busy but funny!
- 15/07/13: Oscar Cabrera, Silverio Martínez and Cristina Palomares successfully defended their PhD project. Congratulations!
- 16/05/13: Lidia López gets her PhD with the thesis entitled "The Notion of Specialization in the i* Framework". Congratulations!
- 22/02/13: Online questionnaire for software requirement patterns accepted for the REFSQ'13 empirical track
- 22/02/13: TwinPeaks'13 also to be held at RE'13
- 22/01/13: Notification of acceptance of a tutorial on software requirement patterns at ICSE'13
- 30/11/12: Two workshops accepted at ICSE'13: CESI'13 and TwinPeaks'13
- 19/11/12: FP7 RISCOSS kick-off meeting starts
- 06/11/12: We had the 1st GESSI Pizza Day for students at FIB. Find here the presentation and some project assignments proposed for students
- 16/10/12: Lidia Lòpez wins the Best Student Paper Award at ER'12 for her paper "Specialization in i* Strategic Rationale Models". Congratulations!
- 21/09/12: Carlos Cares gets his PhD with the thesis entitled "From the i* Diversity to a Common Interoperability Framework". Congratulations!
- 10/07/12: e-learning members of GESSI become an independent research group (Sushitos)
- 01/09/11: Cristina Palomares et al. win the Best Poster Award at RE'11 for their tool demo+poster "PABRE-Man: Management of a Requirement Patterns Catalogue". Congratulations!
- 05/05/11: GESSI and Everis have signed a 3-year collaboration programme (Càtedra Everis)
- 15/04/11: Two GESSI students participating in one team playing the finals at ICSE-SCORE
- 23/04/09: Three members of GESSI co-authors of the best paper in RCIS'09 entitled "PABRE: Pattern-Based Requirements Elicitation". Congratulations!
- 25/03/09: Website launched!