Ph.D. in Informatics
UPC - Campus Nord
Omega building, room 122
c/Jordi Girona Salgado 1-3
Phone: +34 - 93 413 7891
I belong to the GESSI
I am currently involved in the following events:
I belong to the Steering Committees/Advisory Boards of CAiSE, RE, the i* workshop, the CESI workshop, JISBD and CIbSE.
- ER'17 and ER'16, as Education Track Chair
- CAiSE'17, as Forum Chair
- ICSE-SEIP'18, ICSE-NIER'18, ER'17, ESEM'17, CAiSE'17, EASE'17, REFSQ'17, among others, as Program Committee member
- RE'17, as Reviewing Committee member and Workshop Selection Committee member
- CAiSE'18, ICSOC'18, as Program Board resp. Senior Committee member
Find here my list of publications. You may find my google scholar profile.
In H2020, I am: project coordinator of the Q-Rapids project (Nov. 2016-Oct. 2019; E-01372), scientific manager of the SUPERSEDE project (May 2015-April 2018; E-01318) and UPC representative of the OPENREQ project (Jan. 2017-Dec. 2019; E-01376).
In FP7, I was project coordinator of the RISCOSS project (Nov. 2012-Dec. 2015).
I am or have been scientific responsible or co-responsible of the following Spanish funded projects: GENESIS (2017-2020), EOSSAC (2013-2016), ProS-Req (2010-2013), ADICT (2007-2010), UPIC (2004-2007), DALÍ (2001-2004), ComProLab (1997-2000).
I belong to the organizing team of the NFR4MDD project.
I'm member of the IREB, currently as Full Member (from March 2018) and Council Member (from June 2015).
I'm member of the ISERN network, as UPC representative (from January 2015)
I belong to the Editorial Boards of the journals:
IST (Elsevier), JSS (Elsevier), REJ (Springer), Computing (Springer),
I have occupied the following positions at conferences:
- General Chair: FiCloud'14, RE'08
- Program Chair: RE'16, ICSOC'14, CAiSE'12, REFSQ'11, CIbSE'10, JISBD'07, ICCBSS'06, WER'03.
- General Program Chair: CIbSE'14
- Workshop Chair: RE'15, CAiSE'13, CAiSE'08
- Doctoral Symposium Chair: REFSQ'16, ESEIW'15 (IDoESE), REFSQ'15, RCIS'13
- Tutorial Chair: CAiSE'16, ESEC/FSE'15, JISBD'06
- Empirical Track Chair: REFSQ'14
- Proceedings Chair: ICCBSS'05
I have organized / I'm currently organizing the following series of workshops:
RECOTS (2003@RE, 2004@RE),
MPEC (2004@ICSE, 2005@ICSE),
SOCCER (2005@RE, 2006@RE),
i* (2008@IDEAS, 2010@CAiSE, 2011@RE),
CESI (2013@ICSE, 2014@ICSE, 2015@ICSE), TwinPeaks (2013@ICSE, 2013@RE, 2014@ICSE), WRMOCC (2014@COMPSAC), EmpiRE (2014@RE), iStarT (2015@CAiSE), CrowdRE (2017@RE), JIT-RE (2017@RE)
I have advised or co-advised the following PhD students: Oscar Cabrera (2017), Cristina Palomares (2016), Silverio Martínez (2016), Marc Oriol (2015), David Ameller (2014), Lidia López (2013), Carlos Cares (2012), Claudia Ayala (2008), Gemma Grau (2008), Juan P. Carvallo (2005), Jordi Marco (2005), Josep M. Ribó (2002).
Here you may find information about my old old book on data structures (available in Catalan and Spanish)
Master in Innovation and Research in Informatics (MIRI):
Advances on Software Engineering (ASE, taught at UPC)
- Informatics Engineering (EI):
Software Engineering Project (PES, taught at UPC)
Here you may find some interesting links and/or funny links (may be broken..., let me know):
The Illustrated Guide to a PhD
Picture of the day
Software Engineering Academic Genealogy
Tips for students
A suggestion of PhD thesis template
- Some blogs I like: my research rants, profserious, serendipity
- Some concerts I like (links may be volatile):
The Who again,
Ten Years After,
Fleetwood Mac (P. Green),
Fleetwood Mac (Lindsay & Stevie),
Red Hot Chili Peppers,
Last Update on June 2017